• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fizhstiks

fizhstiks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

Can new lifespectrum foods reverse head and lateral line erosion? My blue tang's HLLE is really bad and have tried different foods and have gotten a grounding probe. Nitrates are under 10 and he has plenty of live rock to graze on. Here is a picture of him to show you how bad he is. So can your foods reverse his HLLE or is it too bad to reverse.

#2 Pablo

Pablo

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:14 AM

When I see fish in this condition, I feel very sad. The fish doesn't have to suffer like this if balanced nutrition is met with Spectrum "exclusively". Unfortunately, there are so many experts giving the wrong advice: "Give your fish variety of food". When you give your fish a variety food, at best you are guessing that your fish is getting a balanced diet. The disfigurement that you are experiencing with your paracanthus hepatus is mulnutrition. Spectrum takes the guess work out of this equation.

Your fish is too far gone! Will Spectrum reverse your fish condition? The answer is: it will definitely help, but it will take a very long time and the scars will always be there. I have never experimented with a fish this far gone. If you ever get another surgeonfish, please feed them Spectrum exclusively in order to avoid this kind of problem. I am not trying to sell more food, I am trying to help the fish from suffering this senseless fate.
Keep me posted.

Pease read more about HLLE on this thread.

http://www.newlife.i...hp?showtopic=67

Take a look at my tank. If this will not convince you, nothing will!!!!
http://www.newlife.i...hp?showtopic=66

#3 fizhstiks

fizhstiks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:25 AM

I got some Marine New lifespectrum at my LFS today. Is this the right food or should i have gotten the Thera-A Newlifespectrum food?

#4 Pablo

Pablo

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:35 AM

Any Spectrum food will do the job to prevent HLLE.

#5 roxsburyrage

roxsburyrage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (pablo @ Aug 28 2005, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any Spectrum food will do the job to prevent HLLE.

Hey Pablo I have a question do you feed any of your Herbovores Seaweed at all even just as a daily snack or would that be considered bad as well.I have two tangs.One is a Yellow Tang that is very Healty Looking I have had for over three Years now.I also have a Hippo Tang for about the same amount of time and he started showing signs of HLLE.I am afraid he may not be getting enough greens.I look forward to hearing from you.Thank You.

#6 Pablo

Pablo

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Our food has plenty of seaweed already. In light of this, additional green will not help your situation. Are you feeding your fish NLS exclusively now? IMO, 95% of HITH are nutritional related. The only other cause for HITH is high dose of copper sulfate medication. In my experience in keeping marine, I have seen less than 1% of fish came down a very minor "HITH like" symptom that I can not explain.

#7 roxsburyrage

roxsburyrage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Pablo @ Mar 21 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our food has plenty of seaweed already. In light of this, additional green will not help your situation. Are you feeding your fish NLS exclusively now? IMO, 95% of HITH are nutritional related. The only other cause for HITH is high dose of copper sulfate medication. In my experience in keeping marine, I have seen less than 1% of fish came down a very minor "HITH like" symptom that I can not explain.

I never dosed copper so it can't be that.I am feeding NLS with Purple and Green seawood right now.Before I was mixing foods to be honest I was using some frozen mixed herbovore formulas.

#8 Pablo

Pablo

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

I would suggest you try to feed NLS exclusively in order not to dilute the nutrient intake intended for the fish and see what happens.

#9 roxsburyrage

roxsburyrage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Pablo @ Mar 23 2010, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would suggest you try to feed NLS exclusively in order not to dilute the nutrient intake intended for the fish and see what happens.

Will do Pablo I just bought a Jar of the 3mm Thera A formula to give that a try.

#10 Pablo

Pablo

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

You should have bought the 1mm pellet size. 3 mm is too big for the fish you are trying to feed. You might want to take the time to read my nutrition article.

#11 roxsburyrage

roxsburyrage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Pablo @ Mar 28 2010, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should have bought the 1mm pellet size. 3 mm is too big for the fish you are trying to feed. You might want to take the time to read my nutrition article.

I went with the 1mm size also after I got your comment.Pablo I can't beleive that I see such an Improvement in a little over a months time as his color and some of his scars are healing.As you say the Proof is in the Pudding.This food is the best.Thank you for making such a great product for Fish Hobbists.I am following your exact advise and feeding this food Exclusivley and it works.I want more people to know how well your product shows results.And I am seeing Improvement everyday not to mention my other fishes colors have improved as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users