2 replies to this topic

#1 Irene

Irene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hello everyone :)

I have a quick question. I feed all my fish New Life Spectrum food obviously. The quality speaks for its self when my fish devour it.

It might come as a stupid question, but I wanted to know what I can feed my snails? They are freshwater snails; mystery snails to be more specific. I am aware that they are invertebrates and thus more like scavengers, but I wanted a high calcium supplementation. I add calcium to water Colum and feed thawed veggies that are also high in calcium such as broccoli, spinach, and the like.

The tiny pellets are hard for them to find sometimes so I wanted something that would be easy for them to find.

I am aware of "Nutri/Gel", but I am not sure if this is for freshwater snails?

I have sent an E-mail to this company, regarding snail food, and they stated the following:

“We will be releasing AlgaeMAX in the near future” (Ian M. Tepoot). 
Thank you for reading my question.
Hopefully you can help out both my snails and me. I would like to provide them with the best quality food.

Irene

#2 Pablo

Pablo

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

We do not have food specifically for marine snails. However, Spectrum has several options that will work quite well with them. Our Spectrum Nutrition formulation provides plenty of quality algaes/seaweeds for them to thrive, and the krill and protein matter is good supplementation for bottom-feeding animals.

Our New Life Spectrum Water-Stable Wafers have the ability to maintain on the bottom of the tank for up to six hours, allowing the snails to graze. Another option is Nutri/Gel, a instant gel-mix for the aquarium; its soft food that will not pollute for several hours in the tank, and is highly scented/attractive.

We will also be releasing AlgaeMAX in the near future, which are herbivore algae-enhanced pellet food, as well as Algae/Gel (a version of Nutri/Gel for herbivores). Look out for these in the near future.

Hope this helps!

Ian Tepoot

#3 Irene

Irene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Thanks I will try to Google and see where I can buy it from. Can I buy it directly from this cite?

I really like the NutriGel. Thanks :)

I think my Mystery snails should have their own food :) Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users