• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WillyK

WillyK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Interested in the differences between the Growth and Small Fish forumulations. Both are .5mm sinking pellet size, and quoting from your web page: "All ingredients used are almost identical, since we cannot find anything better than what we are using. However, the crude analysis will be different due to the percentage of ingredients incorporated into a specific formula." I can appreciate that the nutritional requirements would be slightly different for growing or juvenile fish over adult fish (why would fish be any different from dogs, cats, even people in this regard). My question is that given the .5mm size might be ideal for my tetras, and that the formulations between the Small Fish and Growth are similar, would it be "bad" if they were fed exclusively the growth formula even as adults as that's all I may have on hand? As for the .5" H2O Stable Wafers - Sinking Wafers, would this be suitable for a Plecostomus (I have a Bristlenose Pleco)? Should the Plecostomus still be supplemented with an algae tablet or zucchini for vegetable content? ... Bill

#2 Pablo

Pablo

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

You can use growth formula exclusively without any problem. H2O wafer is a very complete food for pleco. You don't have to supplement with any other food, there are plenty of algae and vegetables matter in the wafer. However, we will be coming out with a new algae gel and algae pellets in Dec. of this year (2013). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users